Monday, December 21, 2009

oh woe is me...


In this final week before Xmas, the anxiety level for many in this world is going off the scale. In the spirit of this stressful week, I thought I would post one of my more distraught toons.
Most of the toons I have drawn have been happy, and light natured. This one goes the other way, and fairly successfully at that. I believe that this was drawn in 1999, as Y2K was lurking around the corner, and everyone thought the world as we knew it was going to end. That is why my computer, which obviously has a mind of its own, is so happy. It won't have to worry about life after Y2K. Meanwhile, work sucked at that point in time, and I believe this was not a high point in my social life either. OOOOOh the despondency as I blankly stare at my drafting table....
Notice how I left the dialog bubbles blank. Fill in your own conversation...
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!! Don't let the bastards get ya down!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is how I've felt for the past two weeks! Thanks for the post - I needed it! Merry merry to your whole household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to keep on keepin' on!!! again, don't let the bastards get ya down.

    ReplyDelete