Tuesday, November 24, 2009

warhammer

So, this is a re-creation of a composition I saw in a Warhammer magazine. The dark, ominous tones of the original were what drew me to it. I felt like I achieved some pretty good pencil work making this drawing. It was a fun exercise.

Those of you who do not know what Warhammer is, it is a game pitting different armies of "Middle Earth" against each other. The figures are small, highly detailed models that you paint, then use the painted figures in battle against an enemy army. My army is the dwarfs. Joel likes the Orcs and Goblins!! I mostly like to paint them. Joel is much better at the game than I am. The rules of the game are WAY too complicated for my feeble brain.

So this drawing is obviously not my typical character, but still a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, this blog can not give justice to the hand painted works of art that is your Warhammer Army. Come to think of it, you could take a picture of each figure and start a totally new blog. You could call it lookwhatelserickdoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete