Thursday, December 3, 2009

three amigos


This is a graphic I made for a t-shirt for one of the many Riverhouse Rendezvous slalom races I ran in the 90's. I think this was for the third series. Anyway, I really like this one because it is sooooo happy!! The goal here was to make the three "amigos" be in perfect synch with each other, like a dance step. Take the aspects of dance steps; precision, rhythm, grace, and balance, and apply them to whitewater, and you get something very close to kayak slalom racing.
Now, those of you who know about whitewater kayaking will see something missing from these three...give up? Okay, THEY DON'T HAVE LIFEJACKETS!!! Big no-no in the kayak world. I have no idea why I didn't draw them with pfd's, but there you go. By the time I realized I had left them out, they were done, and at the print shop. Fortunately, I haven't been so forgetful when putting in for a kayak run, though a couple of friends I have boated with have forgotten to wear their pfd......no names...

No comments:

Post a Comment