Friday, March 26, 2010

bungee jumping

This is a fun toon from one of my earlier calendars. Bungee jumping has always struck me as a little bit suicidal. Basically, I think it is nucking futs!! But there is also a part of me that thinks, "Wow, that would be a rush!!"
So, I think this character's face really captures that sense of terror, with a bit of exhillaration. And everyone in the background is having a good laugh at his expense.
I also like the perspective of this composition. The guys on the bridge are an integral part of the total composition, but are way in the background. So, we have a pretty long depth-of-field to this one. It is also an inaccurate perspective in order to get the pieces to all work together. In other words, while the guy jumping is directly above you, the bridge in the background had to be off to the side so you could see the people standing there watching. But, with cartoons, you can bend the rules...
I really like drawing toons...

No comments:

Post a Comment